I'll be speaking at the Vic.Net User Group on Monday 23rd January.
What about? Glad you asked. The title is "Building Mobile Websites with ASP.NET MVC 3 and 4".
It sounds fairly self-explanatory, but I'll be covering more than just the obvious in this talk. In addition to actually showing how to write mobile-targeted sites in MVC 3 and 4, I'll be discussing:
- Why it's important to think about mobile sites, and why people aren't,
- How smartphones actually render a desktop site and what you can do about it,
- How mobile and desktop sites can coexist beautifully, and
- Why ASP.NET MVC is the perfect technology to deliver sites that look great on any device
- What libraries and packages are available to give you the best results
So if you're in the Melbourne area on Monday, I'd love for you to come and check it out. Just RSVP on EventBrite and I'll see you there.
UPDATE: The slides are now available at http://brdy.in/mobilemvc